This is the setting gear out of a Telechron wall clock. As you can see there are 2 teeth missing and the rest of the teeth are badly bent. The setting clutch had been set way too stiff. I adjusted the tension washer that makes up the clutch then decided to make a new gear instead of searching for a donor movement to rob the gear out of.
I used the same basic proceedure to make this gear as I did when I made the wheels in the clock movement I built. The biggest difference was that this was the first steel gear that I have attempted to make. I will try to show step by step how I made the cutter and cut the teeth. Credit for the proceedure to make the single point cutter and the method to cut the gear goes to Jerry Kieffer and the classes I attended at the NAWCC school of Horology in Columbia PA.